Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Commissions

If there's something you want translated, I can probably help you. I'm fairly indiscriminate about what I'll translate, including hentai manga and doujins, though I won't do any guro (dismemberment, scat, anything particularly bloody, etc.) or loli/shota (it's becoming a legal liability, because protecting imaginay children is apparently more important than the First Amendment). On the other hand I especially like stuff that involves catgirls, and stuff that's weird and surreal.

If you want to place a commission, e-mail me at dreamofwheat@gmail.com. I will need the Japanese original in some form of course. Scans need to be of reasonably good quality so the text is legible. The turnaround time will depend heavily on my schedule at the time and the project in question, but I work pretty fast, and I can easy get a 30-page chapter done by the next day if there nothing else going on. Regardless, I'll keep you updated.

For manga, the charge is $1.25 (US) per page for a scanlation. (I prefer not to do text translations of manga, as it's actually more of a hassle.) This is regardless of the word count of the page; it all averages out in the end, and it's enormously cheaper than professional translations. I don't normally include onomatopoeia except those that are necessary to understand what's going on. For blocks of text (whether artist's notes at the end of a manga or a full-on work of prose) I charge $0.04 per word in English. Payment is via PayPal. I will send you the details if you do commission me. Other forms of payment are not totally out of the question, but they'll make life more complicated for everyone involved.

You can do whatever you like with the finished translation, as long as you don't remove my credit and URL. I will normally distribute stuff through this blog, but I will refrain from doing so if you want.

No comments:

Post a Comment